Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Using Cached

A good trick that I use when searching through Google or Yahoo is using the 'cached' link.
I wrote the key words 'floods in Jakarta' and this was the first result:

BBC NEWS Asia-Pacific Floods hit Jakarta
... rain in Indonesia has led to flooding in several parts of Jakarta, swamping ... 31 Jan 02 Asia-Pacific. Jakarta flood toll rises. 02 Aug 01 Asia-Pacific ...news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2757399.stm - 39k - Cached - More from this site

I then clicked on Cached and got this:
(I have had to use a screen capture to show you as it cannot be copy and pasted.)

BBC (2003) Floods Hit Jakarta http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2757399.stm accessed on 7/5/07

You can see that all the key words have been highlighted. This makes it easy to skim read to see if the article is what you are looking for. Oh, another good way to get pictures of Jakarta floods are through blogs. I have found many on the net. You right click to download - always put the picture resource in your bibliography. If you don't know - ask me how!

1 comment:

Melvin said...

Thank You Mrs.Jane..

I think your help for us is enough so I don't need your help..
But thank you..